Disclamer: 1: This is my blog so I can say anything that I want so if you don’t want to read a negative opinion about your favorite book/series then….
2. I have too many negative and unpopular opinions to keep to myself so I’m probably going to answer most of the questions with multiple books.
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
I HATED this series! America Singer was not only the most annoying character that I have ever read but the writing was awful! The plot was corny, stupid, and then with that idiotic romance. Just thinking about this book makes me feel violently angry!
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
I must admit that I have pretty good taste in books so it’s very rare for anyone to really dislike a book that I really love. The one exception is the Fifth Wave series by Rick Yancey. I LOVED this series. I thought that it was thought provoking and that it was a fantastic story. Although apparently, many people found it to be boring.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
I haven’t actually read that many books with love triangles so the only book series that come to mind are The Hunger Games. Honestly, I still can’t believe that she ends up with Peeta, he’s almost as useless as her mother! During the entire series he is either being saved by Katniss or getting into trouble and needing to be rescued. Why would you choose him over Gale? I mean, Teen Vogue even wrote an article about it!
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
I rarely read classic novels, mostly because they’re very long and I just don’t find them to be very entertaining. Another reason why I don’t usually pick one up is because I usually have to do a lot of research when I’m reading a classic because in order to understand the context of the story, you have to understand the customs of the period in history.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Hmm….I can’t really think of one.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Now let’s see…who do I start with? Okay so, I have a lot of authors that I can’t seem to get into such as Kierra Cass, Scott Westerfeld, William Sutcliff, Lauren Saft, Jennifer Walkup, Donna Jo Napoli, David Levithan, Julie Berry, Kody Keplinger are some of my least favorite authors. Honestly, I feel that these authors are in the wrong profession and that their talents lie elsewhere.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
I’m tired of every main character in contemporary novels being a junk food eater! Why aren’t there any gluten-free vegetarian protagonist?
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
Most of them.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
I have two answers for this question, the first one is Pride and Prejudice. I read this book when I was thirteen and never was able to understand the hype around it. I didn’t like Mr. Darcy or Elizabeth Bennett and struggled with being able to visualize a large majority of the setting and characters. It wasn’t until I watched the movie (the 2005 version) that I was able to appreciate the story. My other pick is The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. The movie is exactly the same as the book so it’s not like I enjoyed the movie better because they added more to the story to make it entertaining. I just like it better because I like to look at Matt Dillon.
The Nominees are…..Everyone!
I think that almost everyone has already been nominated for this tag already so if you want to do the unpopular opinions tag then do it, if not then no pressure ;D
So..Let me know in the comments if you agree or disagree with any of my opinions. Or just tell me some of your unpopular opinions! I’m looking forward to talking with you!