Obviously this year is off to a great start. I haven’t blogged in at least nine days, I’ve only read one book so far and my new years resolutions post is being written ten days into the year. * insert slow clap* When I had originally started drafting this post , I had planned to write about my goals to blog more, read more, be more active in the book community etc. But I’ve come to realize that this is going to be impossible for me this year ( thanks to my terrible teachers). I have so much schoolwork to do, that my weekdays and weekends are now dedicated to homework. And you know how it is as a student, when I have a break I don’t want to have to write reviews and draft posts. I just want to either watch T.V., read, or just go out. Now, I’m not saying that I plan on taking a hiatus or to stop blogging altogether. The Petite Book Blogger will be hosting and participating in many exciting tours, projects, and will be unveiling so many exciting surprises that I can’t wait to share with all of you. I just can’t dedicate as much time to my blog as I had hoped to. So here are all of my goals, challenges and hopes for the upcoming year.
1. I hope to be able to read around 100 books this year, and I want them all to be really good books. I don’t want to read any books that are not well written, that I just read them so I complete my GoodReads challenge.
2. Write 50 or more reviews this year.
3. Improve my blog design and content.
4. Start scheduling more posts.
5. Be more selective in what I review, and what I blog tours I participate in.
6. Keeping a schedule! I cannot tell you how many times I have forgotten that I was participating in a tour or what day I’m scheduled to review a book. It’s so stressful! I don’t want to continue doing this to myself this year. So I’m looking into getting some cute planners.
7. Learning that I don’t need to post every single day. That I can take a break, or not push myself to do more than what my schedule can handle.
8. Get a 80% Feedback ratio for Netgalley. Mine is at a 34% which is terrible!
9. Being auto approved on either Netgalley or Edelweiss. I know that this probably won’t happen this year but it doesn’t mean that I’m not going to try to reach that goal.
10. That my *secret*summer blog project is a success and goes on without a hitch.
11. Writing more discussion posts.
I have decided to take part in ten reading challenges this year.
- I hope to finally learn how to prioritize, and not just in blogging but also in my life.
- That I learn to not request too many books, and that I don’t need to participate in every opportunity that comes my way. But rather, create my own opportunities.
- I want for this upcoming year to be spent doing the things that I enjoy. Such as, reading, blogging, traveling and spending time with my friends.
- Read the books that have been on my shelf forever!
- That I can learn how to balance reading and experiencing life. Remember that quote in You’ve got mail? That instead of always saying that “I’ve read about that”, I want to experience it and say “I’ve done that.”
Thank you for stopping by my blog and I can’t wait to share a new year of reading with all of you!